C-FER uses LabVIEW from National Instruments to develop custom data acquisition and test control applications for each test.
The instrumentation and conditioning equipment used in the tests are maintained through an in‑house calibration program, based on reference standards that are traceable to national standards of measurement.
C-FER has developed a variety of specialized techniques for applying instrumentation in severe operating environments including pressures up to 200 MPa (30,000 psi), temperatures up to 350°C (660°F) and in sour and corrosive environments.
Non-contact measurement techniques such as Visual Image Correlation (VIC-3D from Correlated Solutions) for strain field mapping during tests and laser scanning (from Faro) for measuring specimen dimensions and shape before and after testing are also used.
- Transducer Selection Verification;
- Equipment Condition Monitoring;
- Large Channel Count, High Frequency and Varying Transducer Data Acquisition;
- Remote Data Acquisition and Analysis;
- Web Enabled Applications;
- Real-Time Embedded Control and Data Acquisition;
- PC‑based Control Systems; and
- National Instruments Certified LabVIEW Architect and Developers.