Developing New Test Procedure Standards
We work with industry to develop new testing procedures. These procedures can address new technical challenges or regulations.
Operators and equipment suppliers can use these procedures to compare product performance. Industry also sometimes decides that these procedures should be made more broadly available. In these cases, the procedure can be formalized through an industry organization or committee. The result can be a new guideline, industry recommended practice or standard.
We volunteer on industry committees tasked with developing and updating industry standards. We contribute our industry knowledge and testing expertise. This ensures that the testing procedures are practical to follow and provide the results required by the manufacturers and end users.
We have contributed to guidelines, recommended practices and standards through the following organizations:
- American Petroleum Institute;
- Canadian Standards Association;
- International Organization for Standardization;
- National Institute of Standards and Technology;
- Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration; and
- Pipeline Research Council International.