C-FER is pleased to announce the release of an update to PC-PUMP. PC‑PUMP v4.0 has the following additions over PC-PUMP v3.8:
- Minor Improvements and Bugs Fixes: Several changes have been made in v4.0
- AMPCP: Allows users to save custom pump values.
- Casing Selection: Improved ability to select multiple casing sizes.
- Wellbore Design: Fixed hole angle calculation when Oilfield units are selected.
- Drivehead Equipment: Added ability to input Oilfield units when specifying hydraulic motor torque output.
- Oil API Gravity: Suppresses warning in cases where BS&W is 100%.
- Multiphase Flow: Updated Solution GOR and GWR chart axes.
- Batch Analysis: Fixed bug where the tubing wall thickness parameter cannot be unchecked.
- Analysis Comparison Table: Fixed issue where run-life parameter labels on graphs do not disappear after time-series data is removed.
- Upgrade Link: Fixed issue with broken software upgrade window.
- Help File: Updated help files.
- Application Programming Interface (API) Modules: Completed new PC-PUMP API modules to allow third-party software to utilize PC-PUMP’s database and calculation engines.
- Online Equipment Database Updater: On start-up, PC-PUMP will now inform users when new equipment database updates have been made. This feature allows users to download and apply the latest equipment updates immediately without new version releases.
- File Equipment Updater: When loading a pre-existing .PCP file, PC-PUMP will now inform users if a selected piece of equipment specification has been updated or become obsolete. In addition, the user will be provided with the option to replace the equipment with the new specifications or keep the existing equipment specifications.
- Output and Error Messages: Improved clarity in output and error message displays
- Equipment Database: The PC-PUMP equipment database was reviewed and updated with the latest pumps, rods, couplings, guides, and driveheads from our vendors.
- Windows 10 Improvements: Continued working on updating windows to improve the user experience of PC-PUMP in Windows 10.
- .NET Framework: Upgraded all program dependencies to .NET 4.8.
PC-PUMP enables users to perform quality analyses, designs and evaluations of downhole progressing cavity pumping applications. To help academic institutions teach design and optimization of downhole PCP systems in their degree granting programs, an educational version of PC-PUMP is available.
The cost of the educational version is provided for a nominal fee to cover administration and hardware costs. To ensure an effective learning experience, while ensuring that the software remains secure and cannot be used for consulting or contract work, several differences exist between the educational version and the full version.
- A synthetic database is provided in place of the full database. The synthetic version contains a reduced quantity of equipment and has been modified slightly to conceal the identity of the original equipment
- All custom equipment dialogue windows have been deactivated to ensure that no new equipment can be added
- Printed files are watermarked to indicate they were created using the educational version of PC-PUMP
In all other respects and functionality, the educational version is identical to the full version and will provide students with a great opportunity to develop their skills at designing and optimizing downhole progressing cavity pumping systems.