C-FER is pleased to announce the release of an update to PC-PUMP. PC‑PUMP v3.8 has the following additions over PC-PUMP v3.7.7:
- Minor Bugs Fixes: Several minor PC-PUMP software bugs have been fixed in v3.8
- Backspin Window: Dialog remains open after switching windows.
- ESPCPs: Corrected units for downhole motor temperature results. The selected GLR/GOR option is always displayed under analysis results.
- Heat Transfer: Improved error message when intermediate or surface casing specifications are missing.
- Pressure Profile Chart: In a multi-phase scenario, the tail joint is plotted at the correct depth.
- Pump Test File: Pump test files no longer become corrupted when less information is saved than previously existed.
- Sand Settling Window: Dialog remains open after switching windows.
- Output and Error Messages: Improved clarity in output and error message displays
- Removal of Hardlock Support: The current and future versions of PC-PUMP will no longer support Hardlock licence access. If you are currently using a Hardlock, please contact PC-PUMP support to replace your Hardlock with the latest HASP.
- AMPCP: Improved layout and user interface of AMPCP wear module.
- Equipment Database: The PC-PUMP equipment database was reviewed and updated with the latest pumps, rods, couplings, guides, and driveheads from our vendors.
PC-PUMP enables users to perform quality analyses, designs and evaluations of downhole progressing cavity pumping applications. To help academic institutions teach design and optimization of downhole PCP systems in their degree granting programs, an educational version of PC-PUMP is available.
The cost of the educational version is provided for a nominal fee to cover administration and hardware costs. To ensure an effective learning experience, while ensuring that the software remains secure and cannot be used for consulting or contract work, several differences exist between the educational version and the full version.
- A synthetic database is provided in place of the full database. The synthetic version contains a reduced quantity of equipment and has been modified slightly to conceal the identity of the original equipment
- All custom equipment dialogue windows have been deactivated to ensure that no new equipment can be added
- Printed files are watermarked to indicate they were created using the educational version of PC-PUMP
In all other respects and functionality, the educational version is identical to the full version and will provide students with a great opportunity to develop their skills at designing and optimizing downhole progressing cavity pumping systems.