Introduction to PC-PUMP Design and Optimization, Online Course
April 26 @ 1:00 pm to April 30 @ 4:00 pm MDT
Virtual Course Overview:
This course will cover the fundamentals to effectively use the PC-PUMP® software to optimize both the production and run-life performance of your PCP systems. At the start of each session, we will cover basic PCP theory to lay a foundation for learning how to design, analyze and optimize your PCP system using PC-PUMP.
- Introduction to key PCP system components and operational theory;
- Design and optimization of downhole PCP systems for different challenges using PC-PUMP, including gassy, viscous, high solids, and horizontal/deviated wells; and
- Interpretation and understanding of analysis results from PC-PUMP to allow for quick optimization of PCP system designs
- Theory: Background Summary, Overview of PC Pumps
- Software Training: Overview of Software Structure/Layout, Vertical Well Example Problems
- Theory: Pump and Rod Selection/Design Considerations, Rod Fatigue and Tubing Wear Mitigation
- Software Training: Pump Variable Efficiency, Deviated Wells, Deviated Well Example Problems
- Theory: Surface Equipment Selection/Design Considerations, Solids Production Considerations, and High Viscosity Considerations
- Software Training: Backspin Evaluation Example Problems, Solids Challenges Example Problems, High Viscosity Fluids Example Problems
- Theory: Multiphase Fluid Production Considerations
- Software Training: Vertical and Deviated Well Multiphase Flow Example Problems
- Early Bird: CAD 825 (available until April 9, 2021)
- Regular registration: CAD 925
- Multiple attendees (2-5 people): CAD 825 per registrant
- Multiple attendees (6+ people): CAD 700 per registrant
About the Presenter:
John Sheldon is the Manager of the Software Products and Training department at C-FER Technologies since 2018. He has an undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering from McGill University and a masters degree in Computing Science from the University of Alberta.
In over 13 years at C-FER, John has developed his expertise in downhole progressing cavity pump (PCP) systems, electric submersible pump (ESP) systems and equipment reliability analysis. John has written numerous papers on these topics and is a known subject matter expert in the PCP industry. He has taught C-FER’s PCP System Design and Performance Optimization course and Artificial Lift Reliability Theory and data course for over 5 years.