C-FER is currently recruiting for a full-time temporary Contracts Administrator in our Corporate Services Division to cover a 12-month maternity leave. This position will report to the Director, Corporate Services.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual to provide contract administration services at our C-FER East Facility at 3712 Roper Road, Edmonton. The successful candidate will act as a resource for general legal inquiries, review contract terms and identify and draft non-standard contract terms, highlight key differences from C-FER standard contract templates and prepare invoices according to contract specifications. This position works collaboratively with the Senior Contracts Administrator.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Ensuring C-FER Contracts Policy and Guidelines are followed in completion of the contract administration work and by C-FER employees;
- Reviewing all aspects of assigned C-FER contracts, including but not limited to, terms and conditions and proposals with terms and conditions; and drafting potential changes as identified;
- As assigned, drafting contracts and amendments to contracts using C-FER’s standard contract templates.
- Reviewing assigned Final Reports containing a “Notice” to ensure that the Notice reflects the terms and conditions of the associated project’s contract(s).
- In collaboration with the Senior Contract Administrator, may assist with providing recommendations and be involved with negotiating non-standard agreements, including conducting research if necessary to assess them, liaising with Managers, Legal Counsel, and Insurance and C-FER Risk Management, attempting to incorporate and accommodate the Project Manager’s requirements, the client’s requirements, Insurance as well as the Risk Management requirements.
- Ensuring review and execution of C-FER contracts by proper signing authorities, completion of Review and Approval Form and entering and maintaining contract information into appropriate data base systems.
- Ensuring original contracts and files are stored appropriately.
- Conducting due diligence activities including: obtaining and providing insurance coverage certificates, Worker’s Compensation Board (WCB) certificates and/or any relevant corporate searches.
- Notifying all current clients of C-FER’s rate schedules implemented for each new fiscal year.
- Preparing invoices according to specific contract specifications and assisting Project Managers to ensure timely invoicing on significant accruals.
- Assisting with preparation of C-FER bid packages.
- Providing back-up support for some Office Administration Team positions, including:
- Client Service Administrator (reception coverage); and
- Travel Coordination.
Ideal Candidates will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Accredited 2 to 3-year Legal Assistant Certificate or Diploma with a minimum of 4 years related work experience or a Bachelor’s Degree (such as Business or Arts), with a minimum of 2 years related work experience or its equivalent.
- Experience with contract law in a corporate/commercial setting, contracts administration and procurement.
- Self-starter with strong initiative and the ability to adapt quickly and prioritize and organize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Ability to exercise good business judgment.
- Experience in negotiating contracts.
- Advanced computer skills in word processing, spreadsheet and database software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as strong proofreading, editing and formatting skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Proven customer services in dealing with colleagues and clients in a highly professional manner.
- Attention to detail and a flexible approach to work responsibilities.
C-FER offers a highly challenging and friendly working environment, continuous learning opportunities, a competitive compensation package with outstanding benefits and earned days off. If you believe you are qualified for this position, please forward your resume together with a cover letter and a copy of your unofficial transcripts (if applicable) quoting Competition No. 19-009 to email@example.com on or before July 25, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for further consideration will be contacted.
Posting ID: 19-009
Content Type: Career Opportunity
Industry: General Information