C-FER Technologies works with oil and gas and pipeline operators to develop and evaluate leading edge technologies for the most challenging non-standard engineering applications. Clients include the world’s major oil and gas companies, major pipeline transmission companies, and manufacturers that supply equipment to these industries.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated Research Engineer-in-Training who thrives on the challenges posed by complex engineering problems, has a curious nature and values continuous personal and career growth. For this particular opening the candidate will participate in statistical analysis and visualization of equipment reliability data, develop advanced reliability models, support the development of engineering software tools incorporating equipment design and optimization features, prepare reports and presentation materials, present analysis results to clients, and prepare and present technical papers at technical conferences. The candidate will also participate in some business development and marketing activities and assist in generating business proposals.
Ideal Candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctorate degree in Mechanical Engineering (Master’s level is preferred), with a solid grasp of engineering fundamentals.
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) designation with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA), or working towards the designation (those candidates with a PEng designation will also be considered; however, their job title and level will reflect this).
- Strong academic record.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and team building skills.
- Past project management experience.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills (the ability to lead meetings and effectively interact with clients as well as prepare comprehensive technical reports and documents).
- Past experience in statistical data analysis, analytics and numerical modelling.
- Past work experience in the area of oil and gas production operations, would be considered an asset, particularly in a research and development or new technology development environment.
- Highly motivated, self-starting work ethic.
- Ability to travel and work outside of Canada.
C-FER offers a highly challenging and friendly working environment, continuous learning opportunities, a competitive compensation package with outstanding benefits and earned days off. If you believe you are qualified for this position, please forward your resume together with a cover letter and a copy of your unofficial transcripts quoting Competition No. 19-005 to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before May 27, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for further consideration will be contacted.
Posting ID: 19-005
Content Type: Career Opportunity
Industry: General Information