Our Computing Services Team has an opening for a permanent full time Junior Network Administrator.
This position will be primarily responsible as helpdesk and desktop support, together with ensuring continuous stable performance of the company's computer environment, supporting a wide range of software and for safeguarding business information. The successful candidate will work with a small IT team to support a multi-site network environment of approximately 100+ employees. Maintenance of C-FER’s computer inventory, regular IT group interactions, and updating IT documents will be routine.
Ideal Candidates should have the following qualifications:
• Accredited 2 to 3 year Information Technology Certificate or Diploma with a minimum of two years related work experience in supporting a networking environment;
• Proven working knowledge of Windows operating systems, applications and computer hardware/software and understanding of TCP/IP networks, servers, VPN, firewalls and network printers;
• Strong desktop/laptop troubleshooting abilities, especially with current Microsoft Windows OS, Microsoft Office;
• Familiarity with various mobile platforms; specifically IOS, Android, and mobile internet devices;
• Experience providing support for content management systems (CMS) websites for internet/intranet;
• Familiarity with virtualization technologies, Symantec Backup Exec and backup strategies;
• Knowledge with working in an Active Directory environment;
• Working knowledge with disk imaging and deployment technologies specifically Windows Deployment Services, and Norton Ghost Utilities;
• Experience troubleshooting manual and automated application installations;
• Exemplary customer service skills – with high standards of service and strong desire to assist internal users;
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills;
• Excellent communication skills – written and verbal;
• Strong documentation skills – compelled to craft technotes, technical documentation, maintain process;
• Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities seamlessly;
• Desire to learn and become familiar with new technologies; assimilate knowledge quickly and effectively;
• Ability to follow computers hardware and software trends and provide effective recommendations to ensure employees have necessary computing resources and equipment;
• Valid driver’s license and their own transportation, as they may be required to travel between C-FER’s facilities within the City of Edmonton.
C-FER offers a highly challenging and friendly working environment, continuous learning opportunities, a competitive compensation package with outstanding benefits and earned days off. If you believe you are qualified for this position, please forward your resume together with a cover letter, and a copy of your unofficial transcripts quoting Competition No. 14-006, to email@example.com on or before April 30, 2014.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for further consideration will be contacted.