October 30-31, 2018 (2 days) | Calgary, Alberta | Early Bird Price: $1,440 CAD | Register
This course will provide attendees with an overview of wellbore thermal-hydraulics (i.e. coupled thermodynamics, heat transfer, and fluid flow). Additionally, they will gain a greater understanding of technologies and analytical methods currently for SAGD thermal-hydraulic applications.
The objective of this course is to:
- Provide an overview of the physics and thermodynamics associated with the design and performance of the injection and production wellbores in these applications;
- Describe completion and production/injection technologies used in the industry and their associated pros and cons, including vacuum insulated tubulars (VIT) and flow control devices;
- Describe various artificial lift, in-well and remote monitoring methods;
- Provide an overview of thermal wellbore and coupled wellbore-reservoir simulators; and
- Provide examples of injection and production completion designs and their predicted performance.
Learn more about this course: Thermal Hydraulics